Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Introduction

Once upon a time in a land far, far away two cents was worth something more than two pieces of penny candy. Of course, back then we had half-cent pieces and the Constitution only had ten amendments.

(Speaking of which, did you know the original proposed bill of rights had twelve amendments? The first amendment regarding the number of representatives never passed. The second, which states No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened finally became the 27th amendment in 1992.)

Where was I? Oh yes, inflation. Inflation diminished the value of money over time and what two cents could once buy – like good advice – it no longer can.

Except here, where I have indexed the value of my thoughts so they are indeed worth two cents. Or not, as you decide.

My name is Jim and I have a number of beliefs relevant to this post.

1. Most things worth knowing can be explained to people with reasonable intelligence.
2. Complex problems often have simple solutions.
3. Equally often the simple solution is completely incorrect.
4. Despite typeface being black on a white background, most things are shades of grey.

I’ll try to use relevant titles and keywords.

I would love to hear your comments.

~ Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment